Sunday, March 1, 2009

Georgia


We helped with a 40th birthday party last night for one of my dearest friends, Georgia Collier. I met Georgia when I was 27. Our husbands grew up together in the same neighborhood. I had started a new job at Athens Womens Clinic and her husband Curt was doing medical sales for the office. I remember telling him that I would love to meet his wife and he told me to call her and see if we could set up dinner. I called her and found her to be such a warm and engaging person over the phone. We set up a dinner at my house but then her son Harris caught a virus. In a few weeks Georgia invited us to their home and I guess as they say, "the rest is history". Our children, Harris and Doodlebug bonded and so did we. We have see each other through good times and bad. I had 2 more children and she had one more. She was with me when I had Bro-Bro. I couldn't think of anyone (other then Darrell) that I wanted there more. She has seen me through my mother's cancer, Sabina's 10 month fight with cancer, and the loss of our precious EA. And when I say she has seen me through what I really mean is she has been right there with me. She is the friend that keeps on giving. If you truly know her then your life is never the same. I am so thankful that God sent her to me.

No comments: