Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my father's 59th birthday. This is a birthday I thought he might never see. He had a back injury a number of years ago and for the better part of 10 years has been addicted to narcotics. This spring he decided to go on Methadone which was illegally obtained. We did not know he was on them, we just knew he a was not himself. After a rough summer everything came to a head. He enterered rehab and I am proud to say he has been sober and drug free since August! He is the old funny, opinionated Dad again! I am so proud of him and also of my brother who has been sober for a year and a half. Despite the weakened economy we have alot to be thankful for this year!

1 comment:

the striped rose said...

Wow, Jen. I had no idea. You all do have a lot to be thankful for!