Monday, November 10, 2008

Thought for the day

Where would you be without the support people in your life? I have a morbidly obese client who was molested from age 4 to 14 by her step-father. She was pimped out, raped, you name it she lived it. At age 14 her mother died and she and her sister were taken out of the home. They were placed in separate homes. She grew up in foster care until she turned 18. (Her sister was adopted) When she turned 18 the state turned her loose. (Not GA) They gave her no help with finding a job, finding a place to live, etc. She was no longer their concern. So my question for the day is would you be the person you are today without any support? I think she is lucky to be alive. If she had turned to drugs or alcohol I think she wouldn't still be here. She turned to food. She is a prisoner in her own body. This morning she left me a message that she was riding around with her caregiver enjoying the fall leaves. She sounded giddy. I bet she hasn't been out of the house in close to a year. God Bless her and other victims of incest.

Jen

No comments: