Thursday, November 20, 2008

Miracle of the Day.

It's no secret that I take Bro-Bro to waffle house once a week. This week we went on Monday and on our way out the door we were greeted by a very friendly white cat. I thought he was blind. He had crystal blue eyes. He purred and rubbed against us. Bro-Bro said "He wants to come with us". Now a cat does not need to live at the waffle house. I called my friend Erin who believe it or not was on the road next to me when I called her. (Weird) I told her about the cat and that I thought he was blind. She told me to come by and get her carrier and we would take him by the humane society. (The Athens Humane society has not euthanized any cats this year that were healthy and adoptable) I dropped Bro-Bro off at school. Erin then called and said she had gone to get him. Erin loves white cats. She fell in love with this one. Erin took him to the local spay and neuter clinic. The plan was to test him the next day for leukemia and feline aids and then neuter him if all was well. She was going to keep him. The next day (Tuesday) we received heartbreaking news, he was positive for BOTH leukemia and feline aids. Normally these cats are put down immediately but this little guy had other plans. EVERYONE at the clinic fell in love with him and they began putting out emails and making calls to see if they could find him a home. (Erin could not take him because she has another cat). We found out today that he is going home with one of the vets that works at the clinic. She knows the signs to look for and although he will have to be put down eventually it is just not his time! What a story!

1 comment: